Thursday, June 5, 2014

Bear Claw Necklace

I decided to give my new carving a bear claw necklace. Here are a few pics of how I roughed in the necklace, they are pretty self explanatory. I used a #5 to set in the top of the claw, use it upside down to round the claw. I used a v-tool to define the sides of each claw. Notice the center claw hangs straight and the others point toward the center. I used a tool called an eye punch to mark the beads. The tool is pretty much useless in carving an eye, but is good for marking circles for beads, buttons etc. It marks shallow, so I deepen the marked area with a #3. Carve up to the cut area and round over the top of each bead. And there you  have it, a bear claw necklace. Thanks for checking in and you're welcome to leave comments of questions.












No comments:

Post a Comment