Thursday, August 2, 2018

Rockwell Jawhorse RK9003

This is the best tool I have bought in a long time. I have had my eyes on one for a long time, just didn't want to spend the $130 - $140. They finally went on sale at Lowe's for $99. Now I wish I had bought it long ago. This vise is amazing, easy to clamp your project down and sturdy. It's rated for a maximum load of 600 lbs. It holds round and irregular items tight. I generally carve from logs, some of which I split or saw in half with a chainsaw. In the past I would smooth the back of cut area with chisels. With the Jawhorse I can clamp the split log and use my hand planer to smooth the back to a clean look. I finished three cedar logs and one mahogany in no time. I will be using this for a lot of different applications. It's light enough, 43 lbs., to take to carving demonstrations. If you're thinking of buying one, I highly recommend it!







No comments:

Post a Comment